First off all, you guys are awesome! All the beautiful response that I received from my Monday announcement was beyond my expectation! Thank you so much for all the kind words!
Isn’t this simply gorgeous?! I really wanted to just copy it!
But since this is CASE study, I took inspiration from the pink vellum, symmetry, stitching and the bold sentiment.
Here is what I made:
At first the sentiment may look out of place, but I think it can be sent as a congratulations card in an excited mode 🙂
I used the Hero Arts/Sizzix set Antique Flowers and Butterflies to die cut the dogwood flower frame out of pink vellum. For the butterflies, I first embossed them using Ranger’s Queens Gold embossing powder before die cutting them using the coordinating die.
I glued the piece together lightly, then die cut a circle in the center to use the vellum collage like a frame. However, I didn’t like how it looked, and decided to use a circle raised on foam tape instead. Before I adhered this circle, I pierced over the vellum and through the card base using a piercing template from Stampin’Up!, then hand stitched using white embroidery floss.
It is kind of an unusual card, but I think I am learning to like it 🙂
Stop by the CASE Study blog for some gorgeous inspiration! The design team along with our guest designers and Joni did a good number on this one!