CASE Study Challenge #161

Hello there!

I am here with another AMAZING inspiration from Elena Roussakis for CASE Study Challenge.

Check it out:


Isn’t this simply breathtaking? Not only are the dolls adorable, but the whole setting is so perfect!

Apart from the beautiful blues and reds, I also wanted to incorporate some beige/linen in my card. I ended up making a flower out of tissue:

CASE Study 161

I used some stamps from two old Close to my Heart sets to create the pattern in the background. Most of you probably know how to make this flower. I learned this as a child, and it is probably the easiest way to make a flower! Here is a video tutorial that I did a couple of years ago fro my niece’s website. I had used two napkins in the video, however, for this one I used just one and I cut the strips 2.5″ wide.

I decided to add some looped thread in the back of the flower just like Aga does in some of her cards 🙂 I thought it would go well with the inspiration photo. The sentiment was made using clear tape and Dymo label maker. I stuck the tape on Gray card stock and trimmed.

Before this card I had made another card, which wasn’t too bad but seemed to me too bright for the inspiration photo:

CASE Study 161

When I had first seen the inspiration photo, I immediately thought of the washi tape that I used here, plus the lace. Later I decided to stitch a length of Satin ribbon and bunch it  up for an interesting trim. The sentiment on the Heart is made from the same clear tape that I used in the other card. Here is a close-up:

CASE Study 161

You can see the stitching thread on the ribbon, and I have a feeling it is not supposed to look like that. However, this is the best I could do, as I am a novice when it comes to stitching!

Stop by the CASE Study Challenge blog for more inspiration! and I hope you will get a chance to play along 🙂

Thanks for visiting!

This entry was posted in Cards and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to CASE Study Challenge #161

Comments are closed.