Hello there friends!
I have some exciting news to share. Starting today I am joining the CASE study design team! I love a good challenge, and CASE study definitely gets me thinking, so I am grateful for this opportunity. I am also honored to be working alongside a very talented group of ladies!
There will be a new challenge every Thursday of each week, and since today is Thursday, we are starting a new challenge. We are also welcoming a new muse who will be inspiring us for the month of June. She is none other than the super talented Lisa Spangler!!
We also have Lynn Mangan as our guest designer for the month of June!
Here is the first card that we are working with:
I like everything about this card; it has such a cool design…something you would find on the cover of a book, and I am not just saying that because there is a book in the picture!
The first thing I noticed is the interesting size of the card, and I knew I wanted to make my card of similar dimensions. There are multiple things I was inspired by, so it is best that I list them:
- Card Dimensions.
- Feathers! I had to have a feather in my card.
- Colorful, I chose four colors from the bunch.
- Minimal element. Do you see that Lisa has used only two elements here; ink daubers and a feather stamp; so simple, so effective!
- Even numbers: I applaud Lisa’s use of even numbers; there are 8 paint strokes and four feathers. I am sure I would have done 7 strokes and 3 feathers or some other odd numbers!
- Vertical positioning.
And here is my card:
Do you see the points I mentioned? I intentionally arranged the feathers unevenly, I suppose I couldn’t get away from keeping it asymmetric.
For the feather I applied ink on white card stock, drew the feathers and trimmed them. Then I cut the fringes. If you would like to know, there are over 100 cuts on each side…it took me about 10 minutes to cut each feather.
My card base is 4.25″ by 5″ and it opens like a book. The sentiment is made using a label maker.
Make sure to visit the rest of the design team to see how they were inspired:
Amy Wanford | Andrea Ewen | Debby Hughes | Clare Buswell | Iwona Palamountain | Jean Martin | Jeanne Jachna | Lynn Magnan (GDT) | Maureen Merit | Maureen Plut | Silke Ledlow | Teneale Williams
Thanks for stopping by!
- Paper: Neenah Solar white
- Ink: Distress Dried Marigold, Peacock Feathers, Stampin’Up! Calypso Coral, Hero Arts Neon Yellow
- Other: Dymo Label Maker.
Pingback: CASE Study 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop « Cards & Bookmarks