I am here to share some cards using products from Clearly Besotted Stamps May release. I was so excited when Stephanie asked me if I wanted to guest design this month! I love her stamp line and couldn’t wait to get my hands on her latest stamps 🙂
I started out by working with the set My Cup of Tea. I had a lot of ideas and ended up making a number of cards. Instead of dumping all the cards in one post, I decided to divide them up into three post, so you will be seeing more from this set in the next two days.
Here are today’s cards:
I decided to break into my patterned paper pack and used it on the card base. The pot is stamped with Distress ink Victorian Velvet. On another piece of card stock I embossed the image in gold and cut out the floral portion. As for the oval piece, I embossed a gold outline on it. Here is how; I first cut out the same oval out of masking paper, drew a thin outline around the edges, trimmed it off, then placed the now slightly smaller mask over the oval card stock. Finally I pressed Versamark pad on it, sprinkled the embossing powder, removed the mask and applied heat.
I know…quite a lot of steps for that embossed outline! but it came out quite pretty 🙂
I had a hard time deciding on the sentiment and where to place it. After much fiddling I found a place for it, can you see it?
On to the next card:
I love the outline pot and cup in this set. There are so many ways you can decorate them! Here I stamped a floral bouquet from Stampin’Up! Best of Flowers set. I remember when I got this set, I was quite disappointed at the scale of the images (I expected them to be bigger) but this one is perfect for this tea pot! and there are yet more to come 🙂
Here is a super simple card. I wanted to go for more of a gender neutral color and design. Here I used a die that coordinates with the set. It is almost impossible to get a perfect edge if you stamp the image first. So I die cut the cup first and tried stamping on it, first by eye-balling, then by using stamp-a-ma-jig. However neither worked to my satisfaction. Then I used vellum; first die cut the cup then used both the negative and positive parts to position my die exactly where I wanted it to be. Of course, I am a little crazy about getting things exact, so this worked the best for me.
That’s it for me today, see you tomorrow with a couple more cards!
5 Responses to Clearly Besotted Stamps Guest Designer – Day 1