In making this card, I used one of my very first acrylic stamps. It was a mini set from Studio g clear stamps, and contained both the hot air balloon and the sentiment stamps.
1. Stamp the air balloon with stazon black ink on white card stock then color it with markers and glitter pen.
2. Cut out the image.
3. Using a circle cutter, cut out 2.5″ diameter circle from white card stock and 2.75″ diam circle from black cardstock.
4. Create the sky background using a sponge dauber and blue ink. Lightly sponge the ink in various places on the white cardstock to create the cloud and sky effect.
5. The card base measures 3.25 x 3.25 inch and is made by folding in half a pice of rectangular pattern paper masuring 3.25″ x 6.5″.
6. Glue all pieces together and stamp the “Love is in the air” sentiment. The stamp is originally straight, but I placed it on the clear block in a curved line…this is the beauty of acrylic stamps! you can manupulate their shapes to some degree.
- Recollection White and black cardstock.
- BasicGrey Pattern paper.
- Stazon black ink Pad.
- Close to my Heart “sky” ink Pad.
- Sakura gelly roll pen; Metallic and Rose red.
- Marvy dusty pink marker.
- EK success circle cutter.
- sponge daubers.
Pingback: The Big Day is Here! « Cards & Bookmarks